I'm Kowari. I'm a 35 pound, 3-4 year old, house-trained female Terrier mix. (My house training is so good that I haven't had a single accident in the house, since my very first day, and then I was just nervous and excited. And, when I get outside, I do my business right away!) Now, I'm going to entertain you with a top 10 list. I'm thinking of becoming a standup comic because I make my foster parents laugh so hard all the time. I usually do physical comedy routines like leaping into the air like a jumping spider so I'm new to joke writing. I was inspired to try this when I was sitting with my head in my foster mom's lap and watching this David Letterman guy.
My Top 10 Favorite Things:
10) Cheering for the Cardinals
9) Sleeping in (My foster parents always have to wake me.)
8) Chewing on Kong toys and Nylabones
7) Exploring new places (In the 3 weeks with my foster family, I have gone on a hike, to eat outside at a bar, and to Strut Your Mutt in Tilles Park, and I did well at all of them. I got excited at the bar because everyone was screaming for the Cardinals. So, I barked for my team. My foster parents think that if I ate somewhere without a bunch of screaming people, I would definitely settle down and be quiet.)
6) Going for walks or jogs or runs (I would love to jog and/or run with you, but don't be worried that I never settle down. I do. My foster mom thinks I'm moderate energy, not high. They would be happy to talk to you about how much exercise I need every day to be a happy girl, and they say I’m pretty good on a leash.)
5) Playing tug of war (Due to my love of tug, I'm learning 'leave it" and "drop it." I'm a fast learner and I always respond to my foster parents, even if they just clap or say my name. But, I like tug so much that sometimes I forget and pick it up again. Oops. I'm learning.)
4) Going on car rides (I rode 30+ miles 1 way and I did really well.)
3) Playing with dogs especially my beagle-mix foster sister. She's smaller than I am, but I really listen when she asks me to mind my manners. We love to play! I've played at day care too.
2) Meeting new people
1) Snuggling with people and kissing them (Every day I find new, more adorable ways to cuddle with my foster family. Check out the pictures of me cuddling. I like to be near people, but I'm not too clingy. I don't follow my foster parents around the house.)
Were my jokes funny? Were they jokes (cause I don't know what a joke is)? Maybe you need to see me deliver them in person? Then, you'll see my hilarious mini underbite and you will laugh. If you're an active, fun person or family who loves comedy, I would love to make you laugh for the rest of my life. If you have another fun-loving dog, that is great. If you don't have another dog but you'll let me interact with other dogs through daycare or dog parks or puppy play dates, then I would still be the happy, funny girl I am. Will you give me a forever home?
You can see more pictures of me at: https://picasaweb.google.com/
PLEASE NOTE THAT KOWARI IS CURRENTLY STAYING IN A FOSTER HOME AND NOT AT OUR SHELTER.
PLEASE CHECK STATUS BEFORE FILLING OUT AN APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT AN ADOPTION PENDING.