Becoming a Stray Rescue foster parent is one of the most helpful, heartfelt things you could possibly do for a homeless companion animal. As a foster, you provide a temporary loving home for an abandoned dog or cat until he or she finds a forever home. Many of those we rescue have lived difficult lives on harsh city streets, and fosters are essential to showing these animals what it means to trust, feel safe, and experience comfort. Whether your foster is with you for several days or several months, the knowledge that you helped immensely will last a lifetime.
I donate because I see over and over the lengths to which this organization goes to rescue poor, defenseless animals. Not only that, but the love, support and care you and your fosters give them once they are rescued. Keep up the great work Stray Rescue of St. Louis! - Carol D.
To be considered as a foster parent, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older and have identification showing your current address
- Live within 45 minutes of the shelter, as you'll need to come in for all vet appointments (2320 Pine Street, 63103)
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord (if applicable)
- Be able and willing to spend the time necessary to provide proper care for the dog
- Note: Completion of this application does not guarantee acceptance as a foster home/parent.
To find out more about what being a foster parent entails, read our: