Join our Team!
Are you passionate about helping our animal friends find a loving home? Joining Stray Rescue of St. Louis will do just that. At Stray Rescue, we dedicate our time and careers to helping animals that have been abused and neglected, and place them in a loving home. We need you to help us give these animals loving care and a second lease on life. If this is something that you love doing, please fill out an application below.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Stray Rescue of St. Louis is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: Veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This type of impartial treatment includes all aspects of our human resources programs including, but not limited to: recruiting efforts, hiring, compensation, transfers, promotions and discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT
Stray Rescue of St. Louis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities, which may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. In general, it is your responsibility to notify your supervisor of the need for an accommodation. Upon doing so, Stray Rescue may ask you for information from your treating physician about the type of accommodation that may be necessary or the functional limitations caused by your disability.
Current Positions we are hiring for:
Front Desk Reception/Rescue Dispatch
JUST IN: **We are going to hold open interviews for our Front Desk/Rescue Dispatch Position on Tuesday, May 3rd from 9a – 12p. Please bring a copy of your resume and a list of references.
Are you passionate in helping our companion friends find a loving home? Joining the Stray Rescue of St. Louis Team will help you just do that. At Stray Rescue, we dedicate our time and career to helping animals that have been abused and neglected and place them in a loving home. We need you to help us give these animals a loving care and second lease on life. If this is something that you love doing, please email your resume and list of references for consideration.
- Provide quality customer service and record keeping at the front desk.
- You will work largely on customer service related tasks so you should be very comfortable meeting and talking to people
- You should also be skilled communicators and be comfortable working with the general public in person & in phone
- Complete daily reports and procedures as directed.
- Keep the front office area clean and organized.
- Communicate needs, issues, and concerns to the Executive Director.
- Report any supply stock needs to Chief Operations Officer
- Report urgent customer service or personnel issues to the Executive Director immediately.
- Maintain compliance with Center policies and procedures including departmental, safety, and personnel policies.
- Assist fellow employees and other departments as needed.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies throughout facility in order to maintain SRSTL standards of excellence.
- Maintain compliance with SRSTL policies and procedures.
- Participate in organization activities and events as required.
- Complete other assignments as required.
- Represent SRSTL standards of professionalism.
- Must be able to clean crates, cages, and animal items/equipment using sanitizing system from time to time
- Work with Adoption Team to ensure high quality customer service and a high level of animal welfare is maintained
- You may be required to work some weekends and holidays as schedule demands.
- Ability to professionally advocate Stray Rescue’s position in relation to mission and goals
- Provides quality service to clients, volunteers, and colleagues recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization.
- Represent Stray Rescue of Saint Louis in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- In addition to the duties listed above, Stray Rescue expects the following of each employee to: adheres to SRSTL policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; acts as a role model within and outside the Center; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position; meets department productivity standards and completes other duties as assigned.
The following is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the essential functions of this position, but rather a general description of some of the requirements necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- The employee should be able to perform the following tasks, among others: Minimum 2 years receptionist experience including multi-line phones or other customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge required. Must possess professionalism, courtesy, tact, and sound judgment.
- Must have good verbal and written communication, customer service, and prioritization skills. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Able to work and participate in both a team and self-directed environment. Must be able to work closely with animal (dog, cat, exotics) hair/dander.
- Experience with dogs and cats preferred. Employee must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others (including co-workers, customers, and others) by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; and addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Employee must demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Physical Requirement of the Position Though work assignments may vary from day to day, this position typically requires: bending, stooping, twisting, crouching, carrying and/or pulling up to 40lbs.; lifting and/or pushing up to 40lbs.; reaching above, at and below shoulder level; standing and/or walking continuously; sitting rarely; typing rarely; writing frequently; talking and hearing continuously; and exposure to animal waste, water and disinfectant continuously. A more detailed analysis of the physical requirements is available during interview. Standing on feet up to 9 hours per day with walking, bending, squatting, lifting. Ability to handle/walk dogs in excess of 50lb. Physically able to perform manual labor outdoors in heat and cold.
Stray Rescue of St. Louis is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in any Stray Rescue building facilities or vehicle.
If you know anyone with similar qualifications, you are encouraged to inform them about this opportunity. Any suitable applicants can send their resumes now.
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Processing payments
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Hours per week:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.50 - $13.00 per hour