Alert! We have a sweet senior dog in the shelter, and she is ready for a home of her own! This adorable girl is 'Fly,' and she is so ready for her comfy forever.
Here's a little more info so you can determine if your home is a good fit!
- She takes frequent potty trips, and once she learns the routine of your home, she'll know where she needs to go.
- Once she knows who you are, she does enjoy petting and being touched. A sudden touch can startle her due to her compromised vision but has been known to put paws on her handler’s shoulders and lean in for hugs and kisses once she’s comfortable!
- She responds well to a higher pitched, happy voice as her hearing isn't as sharp as it used to be.
- With you as her “eyes,” she walks slowly but politely on a leash and follows cues like “step up” and “easy.”
- Fly won’t need a lot of physical exercise, just a comfy place to lay! She loves figuring out puzzles and toys with food in them. They help keep her mind sharp and active.
-Any dog or cat companions should be respectful and low-key, and small children will probably be too stressful for Fly. She does like other dogs who are polite and gentle.
Can you come get our girl, and give her the comfy forever she's dreaming of? She is such an angel!
PLEASE NOTE THAT FLY IS AT OUR PINE STREET SHELTER.
PLEASE CHECK STATUS BEFORE FILLING OUT AN APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT AN ADOPTION PENDING.